Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Metaphors!

verbal metaphors

Target      Source     Ground   Tension   Conceit. 

My brain's a cliff and my hearts a bitter buffalo.            similarities, the brain is the top point of a human and a cliff is also a point of height.             tension, these things aren't really alike at all.

 it makes the reader think the brain as a desolate place.          


My brain's the burger and my hearts the coal.                         Similarities,  the heart is the driving energy force of the body, and coal is used as a form of energy.           tension, once again these objects aren't similar. 


 the brain is a chunk of meat, without much use: and the heart is where the energy comes from. 


My Brain's the weak heart and my hearts the long stairs.    Similarities, ......?
                                                                                              tension. there is an interesting effect when the brain and heart are compared.
the brain is exhausted.


Everyone's a building burning, with no one to put the fire out.        people aren't buildings


all of these metaphors drew my attention to the stark since of lonesomeness and eerie comparisons.
the juxtaposition of different body parts as adjectives make the reader reconsider their own body, and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment